The Acts, rules, regulations, manuals, records, etc., used by the employees of this Department in the discharge of their functions consist of those relating, in particular, to the work of the Ministry as well as those issued by the Cabinet Secretariat, Department of Personnel & Training, Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Urban Development, etc., from time to time.
A list (though not exhaustive) of important Acts, Rules, Regulations, Instructions, Manuals and records held by the Deptt. of IP&P and used by its employees for discharging their functions, is given below :
- Constitution of India
- Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules.
- Government of India (Transaction of Business) Rules.
- Authentication (Orders & Other Instruments) Rules.
- Procedure in regard to submission of cases to the Cabinet and its Committees, issued by the Cabinet Secretariat.
- Official Languages Act, Rules and Instructions issued thereunder.
- Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in Lok Sabha.
- Directions by the Speaker under the Rules f Procedure and Conduct of Business in Lok Sabha.
- Directions by the Chairman, Rajya Sabha under the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in Lok Sabha.
- Procedure to be followed by Ministries in connection with Parliamentary Work, issued by the Lok Sabha Secretariat.
- Departmental Security Instructions issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- General instructions regarding word-processing, typing, stencil cutting, carbon mani-folding, etc., issued by the Institute of Secretariat Training and Management.
- Channels of Communication between the Government of India and State Governments, on the one hand, and Foreign and Commonwealth Governments or their Missions in India, Heads of India Diplomatic Missions and Posts abroad and the United nations and its specialized Agencies, on the other, issued by the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Standardised Functional File Index including file numbering system relating to establishment, finance, budget and accounts, office supplies and services and other house keeping jobs common to all Departments, issued by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances.
- Schedule of periods of retention for records common to all Departments issued by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances.
- Manual for Handling Parliamentary Work in Ministries.
- Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure.
- Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules.
- Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules.
- Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules.
- Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Application) Rules.
- Fundamental and Supplementary Rules.
- Delegation of Financial Powers (Admn.) Rules.
- General Financial Rules.
- Leave Travel concession (LTC) Rules.
- General Provident Fund (GPF) Rules.
- ID Act, 1951 & Rules thereunder.
- Indian Boiler Act and Regulation.
- Explosives Act, 1884 including Explosives Rules.
- Salt Cess Act, 1953, Salt Cess Rules, 1964.
- Intellectual Property Appellate
i)(Procedure) Rules, 2003.
ii)Geographical Indications (Registration & Protection) Act, 2002.
- The Patents Acts.